Philosophy and Concept
Nowadays many people want one thing above all: they want to age in a healthy way and maintain their abilities and quality of life. Along with a healthy lifestyle, the key factors for this include a healthy balance between work and free time, physical activity, and healthy leisure activities. Targeted prevention is also a fundamental building block to realise the desire for healthy aging and the corresponding quality of life and functioning.
While the average age of the population continues to rise, many people are developing chronic diseases much earlier in life. That applies in particular to the “civilisation diseases” such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart attacks.
Vascular diseases are by far the most frequent cause of death in Germany.
- Someone suffers from a heart attack or stroke almost every two minutes in Germany as a result of the hardening of the arteries (the so-called atherosclerosis).
- One-third of all patients are no longer alive upon arrival at a hospital.
- Major disorders of the cardiac and circulatory system are responsible for around 400,000 deaths annually.
- One-third of all cases of death are due to coronary heart disease.
- More than 90,000 patients die annually from the effects of a heart attack. The number of patients who die from strokes is also comparable.
- Two-thirds of all patients experienced no symptoms prior to a heart attack.
The second most frequent cause of death includes the varied and numerous forms of cancer.
- In Germany alone around 200,000 men and around 194,700 women will become sick annually.
- More than 210,000 people will die annually from cancer.
Prevention is Better than Curing
In both cases, it is possible to treat illnesses even in the early stages with the help of targeted early diagnosis and therapy introduced at the right time. With a healthy lifestyle, it is often even possible to prevent the outbreak of illnesses by determining risk factors early and taking appropriate actions, thereby dramatically increasing the chances of recovery. By following these measures it is possible to maintain health and the related level of performance over the long term.
A Personal Approach
Prevention should always take a holistic approach. The concept of our radprax Prevention-Check-ups is targeted towards early detection of your body’s vulnerable areas. For this we use the most modern technology in magnetic resonance tomography, computer tomography as well as comprehensive internal examinations.
In addition, in cooperation with professional preventive medicine specialists we can also offer you scientifically sound health consultations for “healthy aging
” in the areas of nutrition, relaxation techniques, sports, movement, and overcoming stress.